Hiring an expert cleaning service to give your home a general clean or a more intense deep clean, can often be the difference between chore overload and sanity! So if you’re thinking of hiring a cleaner then read on!
We often get asked what’s the difference between our sparkling general house clean and our super intense deep clean. More importantly, we know you’re wondering why the cost is higher for a deep clean.
Well, read on to find out… but first, let’s start by looking at the short answer as to what a deep clean is to give you a quick takeaway. Then we’ll dive into more details on the differences.
What is a deep clean? A deep clean is a thorough clean, usually of household appliances, rooms and other homeware such as doors. A deep clean refers to cleaning tasks often performed seasonally or less often than everyday chores such as wiping down surfaces or cleaning the outside only of kitchen appliances.
Now that we’ve seen the brief answer as to what you are likely to experience having your home deep cleaned, to more easily help you understand, let’s look at what’s involved when you have your home cleaned generally, or a standard clean.
What is a General or Standard home clean?
Cleaning your home can sometimes feel like an endless chore! In this busy modern age, many of us are juggling careers, children, and relationships. Sometimes we even have elderly relatives to look after and also try to fit in relaxing hobbies such as a Pilates class if we’re lucky!
It can often be just one task too many on a weekly basis to tackle the housework, and it can feel overwhelming.
Hiring experts to help with your cleaning duties can help you get some of your previous life back.
When you hire someone to clean your home, it’s important to know what you’re paying for and the service it includes. So let’s take a look below at what happens on a standard clean, in order to help you understand a little more.
The simplest way to describe regular cleaning is a set of cleaning tasks that are performed on a regular basis. This is sometimes also referred to as domestic cleaning.
Why do I need a General or Standard home clean?
A general clean is mainly for keeping up to date with regular household chores, such as:
- Tidying up
- Hoovering and mopping the floors
- Cleaning bathrooms including toilet, bath and sink areas
- Cleaning the kitchen which will include wiping down cupboard doors, work surfaces, hob, etc
During our standard or general home clean, as cleaning experts here at My Clean Maid we will carefully and respectfully clean your home.
- Do you have to provide your own cleaning products? We can either bring our own cleaning products or use yours if you prefer.
- Will you throw anything away? We’ll never throw anything away or move anything without asking you first.
- How often do I need a General or Standard clean? One of the main differences between a standard clean and a deep clean is that when we generally clean your home, it is done weekly or on a regular basis. A general clean tackles weekly cleaning tasks that need to be done more regularly. A professional standard home clean helps you keep up with ongoing weekly cleaning requirements.
- Who needs a general cleaning service? Hiring a professional to do the cleaning for you is great for those who are too busy to clean themselves or have large families
Now we’ve looked at some of the most common questions surrounding a general house clean, let’s take a detailed example of the kind of tasks we will do.
General home areas
- Carpets and rugs vacuumed
- Floors cleaned
- Windowsills wiped
- Vents dusted
- Baseboards wiped down
- Mirrors wiped
- Removal of Trash
- Beds made in bedrooms
As well as Lighting, doors, windows and all fixtures and fittings, a deep clean also focusses on the following areas…
- Microwave, interior, and exterior
- Oven door, and grills
- Oven interior
- Under oven drawers
- Hob and grills
- Hob fans, extractor, and hood
- Kettle and toaster
- Washing machine, door seal, trays and exterior
- Fridge and Freezer complete clean
- Ceiling hoover, and cobweb removal
- Behind appliances
- Table and chairs
- Mop floors
- Showers including the walls and floors, toilets, and floors cleaned and disinfected
- Sink, taps, and countertops cleaned
- Mirrors and light fixtures wiped down
A general or standard clean will help you keep on top of your weekly cleaning chores such as keeping the work surfaces in your kitchen clean and spotless, vacuuming and
“The simplest way to describe regular cleaning is a set of cleaning tasks that are performed on a regular basis. This is sometimes also referred to as domestic cleaning.”
Now we’ve seen the kind of General or Standard cleaning tasks that we’ll help you with, in order to keep your home clean and spotless on a weekly basis, let’s now look at what you can expect from a Deep Clean. This will help you more easily decide which kind of cleaning service you need.
What is a deep clean?
A deep clean is a thorough clean of your home, which includes more intense, grime busting cleaning tasks that are often performed less often or those that aren’t performed daily or weekly, such as a thorough clean of the inside and outside of your oven or cleaning not only the outside door of your refrigerator but inside it and behind it too.
Why do I need a deep clean?
It could be that you’re leaving a tenancy and need to get your home looking especially spick and span for a landlords inspection, or you may be starting the new journey to a new home of your own and want to make sure your new place is spotless before you lay out your precious things.
Maybe you’ve had a big family gathering hosted at your homes such as a wedding or birthday party and your busy schedule means you just haven’t got the time to get deep cleaning tasks such as a thorough clean of your kitchen appliances inside and out or the task of moving every one of your ornaments on every surface to thoroughly dust!
Whatever the reason… a deep clean is a perfect way of keeping your home sparkling clean and making your cleaning jobs a little easier in the weeks to come! Let’s take a look below at some of the cleaning jobs we will perform when deep cleaning your home.
- Extra attention is given to shower doors
- Tile grout scrubbed
- Clean doors/frames for fingerprints,
- Individual knickknacks cleaned
- Furniture and upholstery vacuumed
- Mini blinds dusted
- Vacuum under rugs and tables
- Inside of range hood cleaned
- Behind refrigerator and oven cleaned
- Inside of fridge and dishwasher cleaned
- Inside of microwave cleaned
- Sinks cleaned and disinfected
- Full and deep dusting including all the corners of rooms and cobweb removal
- Behind kitchen appliances like the washing machine and oven
“A deep clean is a thorough clean of your home, which includes more intense, grime
busting cleaning tasks which are often performed less often.”
Now we’ve seen the differences between the two types of cleaning, we hope it’s made it a little easier for you to decide which kind of service would work best for you.
If you’d like to book weekly general cleans, we do recommend in order to get the most out of your sessions, that you start with a deep clean. This will enable our team to keep on top of your weekly cleaning sessions beyond that and make sure your home is kept spotless, germ-free and super sparkling.
Here at My Clean Maid, we have many years’ experience of domestic cleaning to a high standard, so make sure you get in touch and we’ll be able to help you get the gleam back into your home!